TPI Golf Preformance
Our doctors of physical therapy, certified in the Titleist Performance Institute golf program, will assess your physical and biomechanical limitations holding back your golf game and show you how to overcome them in order to perform at your highest level!
About the Course
The Titleist Performance Institute golf course is a specialized program which identifies and corrects physical limitations affecting your golf swing. This 7 week program is instructed by two Doctors of Physical Therapy who specialize in working with golfers of all levels. Via educational lectures and an individualized home exercise program, this course is designed to help you perform at a higher level, increase power in your swing, and reduce your risk for injury.
Group Dates & Times:
Dates: TBD. If you have a small group that would like a group class, please contact us for more information.
- TPI = Titleist Performance Institute
- Golf Swing Analysis
- TPI Physical Screening
- Injury Prevention
- We will NOT change your swing
- Improve physical limitations to ENHANCE your swing that are unique to you
- 16 Total Tests that address 5 Critical Questions
- Do you have adequate core control?
- Can you maintain proper posture and raise your hands?
- Can you disassociate your Upper body from your Lower body?
- Can you disassociate your Lower body from your Upper body?
- Can you maintain set release of the golf club?
How can you maximize power in your golf swing?
- Lower Body → Trunk → Lead Arm → Club
- Critical to learn how to disassociate lower body and upper body
- Essential to improve on 5 major areas:
Common Golf Injuries
- Low Back Pain → #1 MOST COMMON golf injury
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Tennis Elbow
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Pain
- Neck Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Week 1: Introduction/ Posture/ Test Day at Newport Indoor Golf
- Week 2: Lower Body Mobility at NPT HealthWorks
- Week 3: Upper Body Mobility at NPT HealthWorks
- Week 4: Lower Body Stability at NPT HealthWorks
- Week 5: Upper Body Stability at NPT HealthWorks
- Week 6: Power and Balance at NPT HealthWorks
- Week 7: Re-Test at Newport Indoor Golf