Train Hard, Recover Well is a strength and flexibility based program to help our athletic community chase down those PRs and BQs!
About the Course
In hour-long sessions, Dr. Liz will take you through a series of strengthening exercises, including a weekly stretch and a weekly foam rolling technique that will make you stronger, faster, and overall better runners. We’ll explain the keys to the win, to take your running to the next level, and we’ll have some fun motivating each other in this community class. As our friends at November Project NPT say, “JUST SHOW UP!”
– All levels of runners welcome.
– 45 Minute Full body strength training + 15 Minutes stretching/foam rolling
– Exercise modifications provided as needed.
– Form cues provided by Physical Therapists
– Community-based fun and motivating environment
Benefits of Strength Training
– Improved race times
– Decreased injury risk
– Faster recovery
– Increased speed and VO2 max
Benefits of Strength/Mobility
– Increased access to muscles
– Decreased compression through joints
– Improved posture
– Increased Range of Motion
Two 8-week sessions beginning January and ending in April (Boston Marathon Weekend)