Train Hard, Recover Well is a strength and flexibility based program to help our athletic community chase down those PRs and BQs!
About the Course
In hour-long sessions, Dr. Liz will take you through a series of strengthening exercises, including a weekly stretch and a weekly foam rolling technique that will make you stronger, faster, and overall better athlete. We’ll explain the keys to the win, to take you to the next level, and we’ll have some fun motivating each other in this community class. All athletes and levels are welcome, with modifications available for each exercise.
– All levels of runners welcome.
– 45 Minute Full body strength training + 15 Minutes stretching/foam rolling
– Exercise modifications provided as needed.
– Form cues provided by Physical Therapists
– Community-based fun and motivating environment
Benefits of Strength Training
– Improved race times
– Decreased injury risk
– Faster recovery
– Increased speed and VO2 max
Benefits of Strength/Mobility
– Increased access to muscles
– Decreased compression through joints
– Improved posture
– Increased Range of Motion
Two 8-week sessions beginning January and ending in April (Boston Marathon Weekend)
Dates: Sundays, 10 weeks – starting January 9th
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Zoom – us02web.zoom.us/j/89897764979
Fee: $100 for 10 classes. All proceeds are donated to the YMCA inclusion programming and Race4Chase youth triathlon program.