Our doctors of physical therapy, certified in the Titleist Performance Institute golf program, will assess your physical and biomechanical limitations holding back your golf game and show you how to overcome them in order to perform at your highest level!
We offer Individual & Group Courses
About the Course
The Titleist Performance Institute golf course is a specialized program which identifies and corrects physical limitations affecting your golf swing. This 7 week program is instructed by two Doctors of Physical Therapy who specialize in working with golfers of all levels. Via educational lectures and an individualized home exercise program, this course is designed to help you perform at a higher level, increase power in your swing, and reduce your risk for injury.
What is TPI?
- TPI = Titleist Performance Institute
- Golf Swing Analysis
- TPI Physical Screening
- Injury Prevention
- We will NOT change your swing
- Improve physical limitations to ENHANCE your swing that are unique to you
TPI Assessment Tool
What does this assessment tool identify?
- 16 Total Tests that address 5 Critical Questions
- Do you have adequate core control?
- Can you maintain proper posture and raise your hands?
- Can you disassociate your Upper body from your Lower body?
- Can you disassociate your Lower body from your Upper body?
- Can you maintain set release of the golf club?
Golf Swing Connection
How can you maximize power in your golf swing?
- Lower Body → Trunk → Lead Arm → Club
- Critical to learn how to disassociate lower body and upper body
- Essential to improve on 5 major areas:
Golf Injury Prevention
Common Golf Injuries
- Low Back Pain → #1 MOST COMMON golf injury
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Tennis Elbow
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Pain
- Neck Pain
- Wrist Pain
|Week 1||Introduction/ Posture/ Test Day||Newport Indoor Golf|
|Week 2||Lower Body Mobility||NPT HealthWorks|
|Week 3||Upper Body Mobility||NPT HealthWorks|
|Week 4||Lower Body Stability||NPT HealthWorks|
|Week 5||Upper Body Stability||NPT HealthWorks|
|Week 6||Power and Balance||NPT HealthWorks|
|Week 7||Re-Test||Newport Indoor Golf|
Group Dates & Times:
Dates: TBD. Due to the Covid Pandemic, we are currently not offering a group TPI course. If you have a small group that would like a group class, please contact us for more information.
“Dr. Dan and Dr. Nate have put together a great course with the NPT HealthWork’s TPI Program. I was skeptical at first that some simple stretches and core exercises would have an impact on my golf game. “The only way to fix your swing is time at the range,” is what I was always told. After completing the seven-week program, I can say with confidence, that this program helped my golf game… I had concerns after my first class when I proceeded to shoot one of my worst rounds of golf the following weekend. Trying my new swing techniques and form felt uncomfortable to me. But I stuck with the stretching and core exercises throughout the seven weeks. The day before my final class, I shot the best round of my life. And did it without any pain or soreness the following day. The NPT HealthWork’s TPI program greatly improved my golf game as well as overall fitness.”
– Tyler Cole